lecture: Joining dn42
We'd like to present dn42 (https://dn42.net), a big, dynamic VPN, the technologies used in it, and how to connect your Hackerspace or your home to it.
Besides providing a way to connect hackerspaces by means of a federated VPN, dn42 also provides ample opportunity to play with the internet protocol suite.
We intend to to introduce dn42 and how it is structured and give an idea of the steps needed to join. We'd like to touch on the following technical subjects:
- BGP (border gateway protocol)
- How DNS in dn42 is set up
- The "whois" registry of dn42 and how it is used in routing, address allocation and providing a CA for SSL certificates.
Hopefully there will be time for some live demonstration as well.
Start time: 17:30
- Recording (YouTube)
- Recording (MKV download, Amazon S3 Frankfurt)
- Recording (MKV download, endre's mirror, Hungary)
- Recording (audio only, Chaostreff Salzburg's mirror, Austria)